Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Rite of Passage as a Catholic


I was confirmed earlier this year in the Catholic Church. It was the last thing I would have to do in order to be a participating Catholic in the faith. It is a two year program with many challenges, such as thirty community, family and religious service hours as well as writing papers. Some of the service hours included helping with religious education classes. I learned that interacting with children is something that I now enjoy doing. The religious service hours also introduced me to lectoring (reading bible passages at Mass), which has helped me to become a better speaker. Confirmation renewed my faith and my baptismal promises. It was a long journey that involved many tests to prove myself that I was ready to be a confirmed and proud Catholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment